Art Director / Artist firstname.lastname@example.org seankeeton.com
Photoshop, Maya, 3ds Max, AnimateCC, Illustrator, After Effects, ZBrush, Unity, Jira, art direction, 3D & 2D animation, 3D modeling, character & prop design, illustration, MMORPG, F2P, mobile
Art Director at Hidden Variable Studios - June 2016 – Present
Skullgirls Mobile (mobile F2P), Up & Up (mobile F2P)
- Create art bibles, manage contractors. Provide guidance, paint-overs to maintain vision and quality.
- Work with producer to set biweekly sprints and meet deadlines.
- Create art solutions to gameplay, retention needs.
- Create mockups, characters, animation, and other art assets in Photoshop, Maya, Flash & Unity.
Art Director at SEGA Networks - Three Rings Design Nov 2014 – Mar 2016
Cranky Food Friends (mobile F2P)
- Designed look and art bible for new mobile IP that tested well with target audience.
- Developed, managed art team. Provided guidance, paint-overs to maintain vision and quality.
- Worked with producer and project manager to set weekly schedules.
- Created art solutions to gameplay, retention needs.
- Created mockups, characters, animation, and other art assets.
Senior Artist at SEGA Networks - Three Rings Design Oct 2013 – Nov 2014
Spiral Knights (Steam F2P MMORPG), Puzzle Pirates (Steam F2P MMORPG)
- Created 3D designs, animations, and game assets in Maya and 3ds Max.
- Created 2D designs, animations, and game assets in Photoshop and Flash.
Lead Artist at Three Rings Design Mar 2012 – Oct 2013
- Designed look of game, created characters, backgrounds, items, UI.
- Kept art team motivated and on schedule.
- Provided paint-overs and notes to maintain vision and quality.
Artist at Three Rings Design Jan 2008 – Mar 2012
Spiral Knights (PC F2P MMORPG), Whirled (F2P Browser), How to Train Your Dragon: Dragon Academy (PC), Bang Howdy! (F2P PC), Puzzle Pirates (PC F2P MMORPG), Downtown (Facebook)
- Created 3D animations, designs, and game assets.
- Created 2D animations, designs, and game assets.
Lead Animator at Animagic Studios Jul 2005 – Jan 2008
- Created 3D character animation, models, and textures for cartoons, movies, and commercials.
- Created 2D character animation.
- Designed workflows and provided paint-overs and notes for art team.
- Rochester Institute Of Technology: BFA, Computer Animation
- Summa Cum Laude (Top 1% of graduating class)
- Dean's List (2000-2004)
- Outstanding Undergraduate Scholar Award (2004)
- Panelist, RIT Student Research Conference (2004)
- RIT Presidential Scholarship (2000-2004)
- R. Bruce Reinecker Scholarship (2001-2004)
- Edward J. Blounstein Distinguished Scholar Award (2000)
My animated shorts have been featured in the following:
- Aired on the Nicktoons Channel as part of “Nextoons” (2005)
- Featured in Stash DVD Magazine: Issue 14 (2005)
- Featured on Channel Frederator: Episode 83 (2007)
- Screened at the I Castelli Animati Festival (2006)
- Screened at the SoFA Honors Show (2004) and (2001
In addition to my love of art, video games, and animation, I create a webcomic, play guitar, and perform live animation for the stand-up comedy show, Picture This, with comedians such as the Sklar Brothres, Margaret Cho, Adam Conover, and John Roberts.